Tuesday, October 16, 2007

The beginning...

All interested:

Newly launched, this web address holds the promise of a simple, easily accessible way of following Patricia Miranda on her quest for the Gold in Women's freestyle wrestling in Beijing. Not only will content herein reflect regular updates in Patricia's wrestling, new weapons in her arsenal, and other titillating developments in her professional life, but I will also use this page to share some of my thoughts on wrestling, training, and other epiphanies that I have along the way to next year's summer games. My name is Levi Weikel-Magden, and I have a front row seat next to Patricia as she struggles to perfect her trade. I am also her acting coach and am occasionally responsible for her techniques and competitive focal points.

I will be the primary author on this journal, though Patricia will write occasionally. All reading are invited to contribute constructively if they so wish. My aim is to make this an interesting forum to write into as well as read after the fact. As such, updates will reflect effort and insight and the occasional witty passage. I expect other posts herein to aspire to such greatness. This is my first blog, so ease up on my technical deficiencies in the beginning, if you would.

First up? Check out Patricia's and my article in the newest edition of W.I.N. Magazine. It is a nice glimpse of Patricia's and my relatively uncommon relationship both on and off the mat. I'll look into putting an eVersion on this site. After you have read it, let me know what you think.

-Levi

No comments: